Shikha Sharma: Journey of a Passionate Foodpreneur who prefers to see 'Desserts' and not perceive herself 'Stressed' in life
Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.
Entrepreneurs are inventive, passionate and ambitious to achieve something breaking new ground and fighting on the leading edge. They are ready to be laughed at and criticized in the beginning since they can envision their path ahead by crossing different degrees or levels of entrepreneurial intensity and exhibits, the level of leadership and incredible innovation.
Inspiration for millennial to play unconventional roles in male-dominated society, This article is dedicated to Shikha Sharma - a passionate Foodpreneur, Director of Kanti Sweets – One of the leading brand of Traditional Sweets industries, who motivates entrepreneurs by saying , “What do you visualize to experience? - Stressed or Desserts. Desserts is spelled backwards becomes Stressed. I am true Dessertarian. "
She explains, “If you are optimistic then definitely you will choose Desserts but if you are pessimistic you will choose to be Stressed. I choose Desserts to leave indelible footprints in the hearts and mind of people.She not only creates the delightful delicacies passionately for others but also dedicates her life to spread sweetness in the society being a “Women Influencers of the 21st Century”.
Under Mrs. Sharma’s guidance and proficiency, Kanti Sweets has been a most preferred place for people who have fondness or even a craving for sweets. Kanti Sweets is known for exquisite taste, quality and endorces nutrition paradigm of traditional sweets and savouries since its inception (1957).Following the footsteps of her father-in-law, Shri Rajendra Prasad who took over the business reigns from his father and founder Pandit Jyoti Swarup Sharma., Shikha took leap of faith and persuaded her team to make Kanti Sweets , a valuable preference for sweets lovers. Sharing her knowledge from the Bachelor of Home Science degree and business accumen she guides more than 1500 employees in 82 successful retail outlets to raise the brand towards the pinnacle of success.
Envisioning a Future of Foodpreneurship, Mrs. Shikha Sharma ‘shares her success mantras for being ‘A true leader in a Confectionary Industry’ who believes in pure hard work,innovation and excellence -
1. Company’s prospective future depends on satisfied staff, who get motivated from healthy working environment.
2. Each challenge provides a new opportunities to grow - The journey in the pathway of Entrepreneurship, will be a exciting tour if it is full of risks and challenges.
3. It is critical for a Food Industry to ensure safety and quality measures are strictly implemented and intrinsically controlled to track non-conformances.
4. Every big achievement accomplished when there is a keenness for learning within organized workforce.
5. Employees will turn into valuable assets of the company when we empower them individually through regular Training Programs and timely benefits.
Let us take a tour of Mrs. Shikha Sharma’s expertise, hard work and excellent guidance in the Sweets Industry -
1. Business woman of the Year 2019 for the 5th edition of Future Woman Leader Summit and Awards
2. Personal Achievement Award category for Global Women Empowerment Award 2019
3.Most Successful Woman Entrepreneur for the Best Sweets and Bakery Chain in Bangalore at India Icon awards 2019
4.Best Woman Entrepreneur for South India Women Achievers Awards 2019
5.Best Woman Performer in Sweets Industry at International Inspirational women awards 2020
Apart frp these she has grabed 'Excellence in Women entrepreneurship -National leadership awards 2020' and announced 'Winner of 40 over 40 Awards 2020 by She the People Tv'. As a prominent business leader, Mrs. Shikha Sharma gives all credit for her achievements to her family who stood as her pillar of strength in adversity .